Why refer clients to Shepherd's?
Experience and specialized training
- Since 1987, Shepherd's Counseling Services has provided therapy services exclusively to adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. More about Shepherd's.
- Our professional staff specializes in the treatment of sexual abuse survivors. All of our therapists are Washington State licensed and hold a master's degree in psychology, social work or counseling and have received advanced education in treatment of abuse. More about our therapists.
- Our group leaders are skilled in coordination of treatment with individual therapy providers who refer clients to Shepherd's for group services or may wish to consult regarding the services that we offer.
Commitment and collaborative success
- The connection with an individual therapist or with other group members initiates a journey to reclaim the sense of trust and safety lost through abuse.
- We believe that with the skilled guidance of our counselors, survivors can recover from the damaging effects of childhood sexual abuse and lead more productive and satisfying lives.
- We honor and regard the decision to seek help in this recovery process as an act of courage.
- Programs are designed to assist survivors in becoming their own agents of change and healing.
- We provide group therapy services as an adjunct to individual therapy. Shepherd's closed 21-week process groups offer survivors the opportunity to experience growth and healing in a context with others who share a similar history. Learn about upcoming groups.
- Services are provided on a sliding fee scale. Additional subsidies may be provided based upon demonstrated financial need.
- Many insurance plans are accepted.
For more information about making a referral, please e-mail Brook Avidon, Clinical Coordinator or call (206)323-7131.