Knowledge is Power ... Let's Share It!
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM).
The momentum has started with #MeToo ... more people need to know about the number of people affected by sexual abuse of children (boys and girls) and how we can support survivors.
Let's change this ... Let's use our voices together!
Why does awareness matter?
(Spoiler) To see our Executive Director and Office Manager with teal hair highlights, visit us on Facebook!
What's your SAAM Action?
- Wear a teal ribbon.
- Put a teal streak in your hair or paint your nails teal.
- Share our Facebook posts.
- Change your profile picture to an awareness image.
- Put a poster up in your office and around your community. (see sidebar link to pdf)
- Get inspired and find your creativity to make a difference with these 2019 SAAM images and ideas!
- Join Denim Day on April 24th to make an international statement. Learn about the origins.
When people ask why you're wearing teal, you can let people know that:
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys are sexually abused before the age of 18.
- survivors deserve our support.
- talking about childhood sexual abuse as a culture helps keep kids safe!